How to Develop the Genius within You
Inside each one of us there's a seed of greatness, a seed of genius. You are a special and complete human being and so is everyone else. You have a seed of genius within you.
"Every child is born a genius" - Albert Einstein.
Now, to what extent will you make use of your genius is totally up to you. You deserve a lot in life and you have all the power and ability to achieve everything you want.
Desire: How can one develop that genius in oneself and achieve all that he or she deserves? Starting point of all achievements is desire. You've got to have a strong want for your own success. Many times we are afraid to desire the things we want because we think that it's beyond our means. Believe in your heart that you are capable of achieving any good thing. By knowing that you have a seed of greatness in you, you are free to desire for all the good things you really want.
Faith: Faith is believing in the unseen. There's a saying that "fake it till you make it". When you drop a pen or an object you certainly know that it's going to fall down. Similarly you should "know" that you are capable. When you believe in your own abilities it becomes very easy for you to have faith and follow it up with action.
You know the answer. Follow your gut. By going deep inside you, you can find solutions to many problems.
Action: The next step after you believe in yourself and have faith is taking action. Many times you know the answer, you have the solutions, and you can feel that you are right. This is your instinct. When you know in your heart that you are right, take action. Faith without action is useless.
History teaches us many great men and women who were ordinary people like you and I have made a name for themselves by believing in themselves, making use of their creative abilities. Same qualities are in all of us. We just have to tap into our genius. Difference between ordinary and extra ordinary is only that little extra.
Plan: Planned effort brings successful results. Write down your goals. Organize your goals into monthly, weekly and daily plans and activities.
To achieve maximum results with a peace of mind you can follow this simple technique. Take a piece of paper. Draw a rough calendar on it and mark the days starting from today till the end of this month. It doesn't need to be perfect. Just draw seven vertical lines and three or four horizontal lines. Write sun, mon, tue, wed, thu, fri, sat across the top and write the dates in each box of the table. Now, write down one or two activities in each box that you can do each day. These are the activities that bring you closer to achieving your goals and completing the things you wanted. Think of one activity you are really good at. Involve that activity in your goals. Apply the same level of enthusiasm to all the activities that you have planned for each day. The goals can be as simple as reading a complete book, organizing your finances, writing an article etc, by a specific date. Taking a consistent & persistent action on a daily basis your dreams can become a reality very soon.
Keep your calendar in an easily visible place and look at it often. You can modify it as your plans change. Write your entirely monthly or weekly calendar on a new sheet of paper everyday or once in two days. That will keep you focused and helps you grab the opportunities that can accelerate your success journey.
Get the big chunks done first. Put the big rocks first in your jar. Take just one step at a time. Remember inch by inch everything is synch.
Do what you feel right to do. Never worry about what "they" say. This quote says it most appropriately- "All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism."
Unseen controls the seen. Everything you see around you, even this website and article you are reading now are created in mind first. You can create the exact future you want for yourself by creating the exact image in your mind. Whatever you feed into your conscious mind, your subconscious mind will bring it into reality. It brings you in contact with people and circumstances that help you in creating the life you want. Feed your mind with positive dreams, read positive books, listen to positive tapes and cds.
Some of the other practical steps you can take to develop your genius are:
1) Solitude: Try solitude by sitting quietly for about 30 to 60 minutes a day, without trying to analyze or doing anything. This is one of the simplest and powerful you can do to develop your genius.
2) Meditation: Mediation relaxes your mind and body. Sit comfortably, close your eyes and breathe deeply for about four to six times. Let go of all worries, tensions and problems. If you are angry about something or someone, let go, forget and forgive. Now imagine exact outcome of the goal you want to accomplish. Do not think about the how. Just imagine the end result and imagine how it feels to have achieved that end result. This will program your mind to bring your desire outcome into reality.
3) Music: Listening to soft, classical or instrumental music (http://vinpad.com/Music/tabid/43/Default.aspx) can also get your mind in touch with your creative abilities.
4) Affirmations: Spoken words have a power. One of the best ways to develop your genius is through self-affirmations. Affirming the following positive words and sentences with belief and conviction can transfer your mind, body and your creative abilities.
- I am a genius.
- I am creative.
- I know that I was born a genius and I still have the genius abilities within me.
- Everyday in everyway I am discovering new creative abilities within me and they are becoming second nature to me.
- I am abundant, I am good enough.
- I can achieve anything I set my mind to.
- I know that to achieve anything, all I have to do is to just take one step at a time.
There is a first to everything. There's a first person who ran four minute mile, there's a first person who climbed Mount Everest, there's a first person who landed on the moon. Similarly there are firsts in your life like your first million. Make your firsts come true by taking the first step today.
Copyright / Author: Vin Bhat.
Vin Bhat is a successful writer and business owner. He is an editor at http://vinpad.com, where you can find more articles, free e-books, re-sellable ebooks and submit articles: http://vinpad.com/EBooks/tabid/66/Default.aspx
This article may be freely reprinted and distributed in its entirety only, as long as this resource information remains intact, and links are live.
Warning: fopen(http://news.google.com/news?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLG,GGLG:2005-22,GGLG:en&q=Attraction&output=rss) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Network is unreachable in /srv/disk3/kz1/www/attraction.awardspace.com/inc/rss.inc on line 81
could not open XML input